Key Takeaways from the CB Insights webinar ‘Future of Blockchain Tech’ (8th of May 2018)
CB Insights has hosted an interesting webinar session on the 8th of May, titled ‘Future of Blockchain Tech’. The highlights include:
- Decentralization of Blockchain helps participants when they don’t want to trust a single third party.
- Major ICO investments have been in organisations dealing with the Infrastructure and Development of the Decentralised environment.
- The trend is changing from Pure-play ICOs to private sale ICOs:
- In February 2018, there were a total of 121 completed ICOs. $1.2B was raised from pure play ICOs whereas $850M was raised from private equity sale.
- In March 2018, the number of completed ICOs were 113. $507M was raised from pure play ICOs and $850M from private sale.
- ICO deals are going down and more equity deals are taking place. Q1 of 2018 has raised $540M in equity deals, more than half the amount of 2017 ($1,054M).
- The increase in regulation has decreased the number of ICOs.
- Venture Capitalists are participating more in ICOs.
- Tokens representing real world assets have emerged and have lead to the formation of security tokens.
- Blockchain has become a household name and even big organisationsare getting involved in the technology.